Sunday, September 13, 2009

These are a few of my favorite things.

Today is a fabulous day. It is not only Sunday, but it is the first sunday of football season. Also today I decided to start a blog. Since this is my first I will catch you up on me. I was born in Atlanta in 1985. Im the oldest of the 5 kids my parents had together. I also have 2 younger step siblings and 2 younger half siblings. I live in the same town I grew up in. I spent one year at Southern Virginia University in 2003. I played football and baseball and did improv comedy. It was one of the best years of my life.
After I left school I moved to Long Beach California to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It was a life changing experience. I learned much about myself and the purpose of my life here. There are a lot of days that I dont live up to some of what Ive learned but that is the focus of the next few years of my life.
Things have been interesting since I got home from my mission in May 07. Ive had a couple sales jobs and have lived in a couple of states. I saw the last Yankees-Red sox game at Yankees Stadium, and drove across the country twice. Ive really learned to live my life to the fullest in the last couple of years. I figure that I only get to do this once, so I might as well do it right. haha
As of right now in my life, I work at General Mills here in Covington. I like what I do but im not sure I could do it for the next 30 years. Im working on getting a degree in business so that I can increase my options for the future. I would love to end up as a football coach at a small college somewhere in the south, but I have to get that paper first so I can teach. Other than that I spend time with my family or trying to remodel my house. Its old and they were drunk when they built it, but I love it and hope that I can get it looking great soon.

1 comment:

  1. wow! i love your bio! okay so why was it THE LAST Yankees-Red sox game? what happened with that?

    they were drunk when they built it! that halirious!

    i've heard you talk about your trips and self discovery over the phone...but i must be dazing out because the way you described it here was beautiful...and i imagined it with your southern drawl.

    ReplyDelete