Monday, September 21, 2009

Rain Rain!




It feels like it has been raining in Atlanta for the past 3 days. It has been especially bad in the last 24 hours and there has been a lot of flash flooding. I spent a good bit of time today with the side door open just listening to the rain and doing some reading. A lot of major roads were shut down this morning and through out the day due to deep water. We avoided the bad rain for a while here at the house, but mid-afternoon it unleashed on us. I had a chance to do some service for a woman in my moms church congregation. My sister, Kasey, brother Adam, and stepdad, "Wild Bill" dug a drainage ditch to stop water from seeping into this sisters house. It was pooling up so we gave it a place to go. Throughout the night, as it went on, I made my way up to friends to watch the season primere of Big Bang Theory. It is my favorite show and was great as usual. After watching a few episodes of last season I made my way home to find that the river had swelled and I had to find a substitute for the usual last 3 miles home. I have to cross the Yellow River a couple times and could see that it was extremly high before I got to the closure. Some of the wetlands had flooded across the roadway. Im tempted to go exploring in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment